Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all you cobia fisherman. I havent told anyone about this but lynnhaven pier does get its share of cobia. We get nice size ones. The pier is going to make it a little longer and put a Diamond at the end.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
They should get some cobia but I have yet to see a report of that happening....in the past I have feeshed that pier and I would have to see the cobia to believe it....gotta be one h&^% of a secret :cool: .....the R

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have never seen a report , neither did I see a catch the few times I was there. I believe they are there though.

·
Registered
206 Posts
i have heard reports of cobia in the water near the lynnhaven pier for a while but i have never seen anyone fish for them so i could tell u if any were caught. and on the pier bobbylou said the pier was going to get fixed up in the off season so i hope it will be ready by then. does anyone know when the pier is going to open back up?

dan lee

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
repairs

the repairs have not started yet. I think the will open in april so they should be starting soon.

·
Registered
160 Posts
last year i saw a guy catch a small cobia at the pier he wasnt at the end and he wasnt targeting them the cobia hit a spot he was realing in. the fish was about 26-28 inches but without a doubt a cobia. he was fishing the last shack on the right side

buzz

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
ive never heard of a cobia caught from this pier, but it is possible because i have seen nice size cobia come from the pound nets just up the beach.

Rick

1 - 9 of 9 Posts