Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know how the fishin has been lately on the lynnhaven pier? I havent fished off that pier in several years(i now usually fish on headboats whenever i venture down to Va Beach - which is always more productive and you WILL catch fish), but i remember everytime i went in the past it was pretty productive (one time, my father and i bought two new poles on that pier after fishing all night at the Seagull Pier (we were skunked there) and that very same day we caught 2 entire 40 qt. coolers full of large spot, croaker, and roundhead) I might be coming down to VA Beach soon to do some more fishin, and just wanted to know how things have been at the pier, just incase i ended up going fishin there for the heck of it - for the good times sake.:p My best guess is that everything has been slow and small during the day and a little bit more productive at night, right? any response would be great, cause i know their website is down (it sorta sucked anyway, only updated once a friggin week). - Teddy

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Blues,

Small stuff lately at Lynnhaven Pier... whiting, spot, crabs, pigfish.
You can call them for an up to minute report. Usually they don't pick up the phone on weekends. Saturdays have been too busy
there... weekdays and Sunday better. The owner said if you want to catch lots of spot come at the end of August.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Fished the pier today. The fishing was very boring. A lot of small fish. Croker, small head, and a flounder. I got bored with the little fish after a couple of hours.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys. I was expecting that to be the case with small fish. Im looking to come down and fish in Va Beach probably on August 22nd or 23rd, do you think the yellowbellies will be there by then?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts