Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone post the link to Lynnhaven pier website that Graphixdude created, I would like to check it out. Thanx

·
Registered
300 Posts
Yeah its up.

What the owners had me do was post it to a free site, then he "slurped" it to his server.

He is going to do something special for the chat room and message board i think so he left the links dead for now - think it will be working in the next few days.

Remember - he wanted something simple, so don't expect bangs and whistles.

The e commmerce section (store) should be up in the next week or so if he decides to let me do it.

Overall it is not an example of my best work, but it will get the job done.
www.lynnhavenpier.com

The lady that owns the pier (bobby lou) - her husband is the dude that wrote the book "Linnux Red Hat Unleashed" - SUPER smart dude and a really nice family.

(maximumhoyt.com was not done by me)

Hoyt (the owners husband) is looking at ways to get internet access at the pier store - when that happens I think they want to install a web cam, but for now it was too expensive.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx for the link Cdog, and Thanx Graphixdue for the new website looks really cool, Wish i could have been there for some of them blues!

·
Registered
48 Posts
GraphixDude,

Verizon just lowered their price for DSL to $34.95 a month (for up to 1.5M/90K. Per their web site it says you need to call to see if they qualify. (877) 957-7333.

They do qualify for AOL DSL, however Verizon would be faster and cheaper if they qualify.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
That's most likely residential DSL prices and not commercial prices. There's quite a bit of price difference on commercial pricing because of the increased bandwidth and usage, etc.
I'm sure sand flea is paying between $50-$100 monthly to keep this site going.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Does sandflea pay for this or does this site generate any $ to offset the expense?? ..the R

·
Super Moderator
2,093 Posts
Only $$$ Sandflea gets to offset costs is through contributions from folks who use this excellent resource.

Please go to the main page and look to the top right and click the donation button. Sign up, send a few bucks! It's really quite painless

·
Registered
300 Posts
Thanks for the information Wambo and Chest2head.

From what I heard from Hoyt, the pier will be charged for a commercial account. The price was like 100 a month I think.

I will pass on the information you dropped to hoyt if he doesn't see it here.

I think he was talking about getting a great deal from a friend of his later, but it may be a while. Details a little fuzzy cause it was late at night and I was fishin and had a couple of beers in me.

·
Registered
300 Posts
No I am not hosting his website - he is running his own server on his own machine, so I just gave him the files. He as actually been adding things to the site today.

Thanks for the info though, I will keep that in mind.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts