Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you guys plan on hitting the Lynnhaven pier on Friday night? I will probably get there around midnight and stay until noon on Saturday. I will be fishing with 3 ticas, and have a bright blue tackle bag with me. I am definately hoping to catch some nice fish and it would be cool to meet a few of you out there. See you in VA Beach. :)

·
Registered
206 Posts
i will be out there rain or not. i am hoping the storm brings me in so good fish. i will be down near the end where the crabs leave me alone. hope to see u out there.

dan lee

i am the big guy with a shaved head and green rain coat.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
baddogg3521

Do you fish Harrison's too and carry your rods on your shoulder, sorta? If so, you've passed me a couple times while on Harrison.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Virginia Beach Pier

Looks like theres gonna be some good winds from the north and east Friday I ll be down at Va Beach Pier puttin in a full shift tryin to hammer some of those blues and slay some of those big roundheads I got two days ago anybody else in?More than likely I ll be down as close as I can get to the end with the red marlboro tackle bag and an orange yankee hat on think this weekends gonna be outrageous with the temp drops and wind shift.

" Hook em hard an make their eyes roll in their heads""Put a bend in their lateral line"
:D

·
Registered
206 Posts
thrifity

well i have never fished harrisons. but u may have seen me at lynnhaven i do carry my poles on my shoulder. most time i am there with my brother. he is about 6'4 big guy. write in next time u go out to lynnhaven i will look for u. i am there 4 times a week it seems.

dan lee

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Baddog - I will see you out there. :D I am hoping to get into some blues and - my favorite - kingfish. A keeper Rock wouldn't hurt my feelings either. I usually set up out towards the end also. Weather looks nice.

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
FYI:VA coastal Striper Regulations

Striper Regulations and Seasons:Virginia's Chesapeake Bay
Seasons and regulations
..................................................................January 1 through March 31 &
.......................................................................................................................…May 16 through December 31
........................................Minimum Size Limit............................................... 28 inches
........................................Possession Limit.................................................... 2 per person

Coastal regulations apply in Virginia's Territorial Sea, plus all of the creeks, bays, inlets, and tributaries on the seaside of Accomack County, Northhampton County (including areas east of the causeway from Fisherman Island to the mainland) and the City of Virginia Beach (including federal areas and state parks fronting on the Atlantic Ocean and east and south of the point where the shoreward boundary of the Territorial Sea joins the mainland at Cape Henry). Click here for map of coastal boundary near the CBBT.

Chesapeake Bay Spring Season .................................................May 16 through June 15
........................................Minimum Size Limit.............................................. 18 inches
........................................Maximum Size Limit * ......................................... 28 inches
........................................Possession Limit.................................................. 2 per person

* 1 fish of the 2 fish possession limit may be larger than 32 inches ( catch report required if striped bass 32" or greater is kept ); No possession of 32" or greater striped bass in the Spawning Reaches May 1 through June 15.
Chesapeake Bay Fall Season .........................................................October 4 through December 31

Chesapeake Bay regulations for both the Spring and Fall seasons described above apply in the main stem of the Chesapeake Bay and Virginia's Chesapeake Bay tributary rivers, except for the tributary rivers emptying into the Potomac River (see note below for more information on Potomac River striper regulations).

Virginia Trophy Season......................................................................May 1 through June 15

........................................Minimum Size Limit................................................32 inches
........................................Possession Limit.....................................................1 per person[COLOR=redChesapeake Bay Fall Season .........................................................October 4 through December 31
........................................Minimum Size Limit................................................ 18 inches
........................................Possession Limit..................................................... 2 per person

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep

Thanks NS4D, I will only keep 2 over 28", I promise. :D That would be nice, wouldn't it. Has anyone been able to get the Lynhaven pier website to load lately? It doesn't seem to want to work for me. :mad:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts