Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished the Pier from 9am-3pm Lots of Croaker,Roundhead and a few Snapper Blues and Lots of Spanish Mackerel.Tossed Hopkins Spoons an Gotchas at the Blues and Mackerel but they wouldnt take them.Tried Mullet an Minnows also but to no avail caught plenty of croaker and roundhead on Squid an cut bait the activity has been picking up in the last week at Lynnhaven with more species showing up everyday heading down there tonite to see whats goin on there at night,anyone else lookin for someone to fish with give me a holler Im new here and got all the time in the world to go right now till I gotta find some kind of work

" Hook em till their eyes cross"
:D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Used all kinds of rigs at Lynnhaven Pier Top an Bottom Rigs,Fishfinders with minnows and Gotcha plugs and Hopkins spoons with a bucktail trailer most of the stuff was small but the roundhead and croaker werent too bad they hung around all day the blues were in an out near the end of the pier along with small spanish makckerel

·
Registered
300 Posts
Flytyer - Thanks for the report! I live really close to Lynnhaven Pier but I have been working out of state all summer practicly.

I will be home VERY soon, and will definately look forward to catchin some fish with you. I go to Lynnhaven daily when I am in town to fish from the pier. Glad to hear there may be some action to be had when I get home.

I have been keeping my fishing skills sharp on the lake next to the house where I am staying now. Been catching a lot of BIG bass and catfish. I am about to head out now and try fishing on my friends row boat, so tight lines until we can hook up for some saltwater adventures..

Justin aka GraphixDude

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Go get em Dude an if there is anyone around here that does any freshwater trout fishing gimme a holler.I have lived in Pa all my life and have been flyfishing and tying trout flies for about 25yrs now if anyone needs any flies dont be afraid to ask I ll hook ya up with some free samples for ya to try out I guarantee they will do the trick dries,wets,nymphs,streamers,whatever I can hook ya up.

Tight lines to all and I am looking forward to meeting some of you now that I have finally relocated to Va Beach.

Hook em till their tails fall off :D

·
Registered
402 Posts
flytyer, i do some tying of my own, and a lot of freshwater trout fishing (no bait dunking). there are plenty of streams from charlottesvile west. my favorite places are in the tip of southwestern VA and southeastern Tennessee. if u dont mind driving a bit there are some beauty trophy trout streams, mostly tailwaters.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts