Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Lynnhaven Pier this evening ~ 6-8pm window with a Cleveland Browns fan/friend :rolleyes:

Few nice spot, couple of good size croaker, and plenty of WIND !

Fished bloodworm on standard double drop bottom rig w/size 4 hooks & 2oz lead. Again, the fishing was light to moderate while NE wind was stout :D

Still was good to go and worth the price of admission !

Hang on to your hats,

`bucket

·
Registered
206 Posts
i was out at lynnhaven from about 7 til 3 am. started off the night catching spot on blood worms. i pulled in about 30 nice sized ones. at about 12 i was cleaning my fish on the way out. i put on the belly flap of a spot on my bottom rig and cast it out. before i was done cleaning my fish i pulled up a 2+ pound croaker. so i figured i would drop my line out again to see if i could catch another one. well not to much was happening so i went to clean the croaker and watching my line i got another hit, this time a 6+ puppy drum. needless to say i was happy. the drum were out pretty good. i pulled one in and lost two. one due to bad line and the other due to someone trying to help got in the way and the fish rapped up onder the pier. all in all it was a good night of fishing

:D

dan lee

fish til it hurts

·
Registered
206 Posts
yeah i am out there alot. i just started going this summer. lately i have been down the end, away from the craps, i will be out there again tonight. i will be the one near the begining wearing a skull cap

dan lee

fish til it hurts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Cool, I'm new to the Virginia Beach area and the people at work do not fish. I'm usually out there in a green and blue Gap pull over and always giving my bait away after I leave. Tend to drink some out there too.

I'm new to the salt water fishing. Quite use to pulling up 5-6 pound bass and going to Minn. to catch 20 pound pike. Have not been impressed with the salt water fishing.

Name
Brian

·
Banned
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hit Lynnhaven pier ~ 6 times/yr when I hear there's some activity like this Spring Bluefish run (THX Graphixdude) and more recently Capt. Scott @ Lighthouse put me on recent spot and pup run :cool:

Seems if I go there during Summer w/o good info, the only thing happening is crabbin' :rolleyes:

Good fishin' where ever you be,

`bucket

·
Registered
300 Posts
Good to hear others are enjoying Lynnhaven Pier besides me. TonyMontana welcome to the area bro. I will be looking for you.

I am about to head out the door to the pier now. Might get wet but still gonna give it a try.

Hope to see some of you out there.

·
Registered
206 Posts
well i was out at lynnhaven til about 2:30. caught a lot of spot, 50 good sized ones. about 730 went and tryed to get so drum to bite with out any luck. maybe next time. a lot of rain and i ran into two P&S fisherman Graphix dude and another whos name excapes me. well hope to see u guys out there again. i will probly be back out sunday night.

dan lee

fish til it hurts

1 - 9 of 9 Posts