Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished from 8-12 last night and got skunked! The wind was nasty. Saw a few decent sized croakers pulled up just when the tide changed and wind calmed down (temporarily) but then that was it. Caught on shrimp.

Judging by recent posts it sounds like the pier action has been sporadic. Maybe will hit the beach instead of donating my $.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Yep

I was there on Friday night and it was tough. The winds were pretty stiff which churned up some sand and sediment. Nothing sizable was really being caught all night. I did get to try sandworms for the first time. They were just as effective as bloods and much much much bigger. Cheaper to.

·
Super Moderator
2,093 Posts
I'm curious....

...who's carrying sandworms for bait?
They're use in the northeast quite a bit, but I've never heard of them around here

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Found sandworms at Ches. Bait and Tackle. 1/2 the price of bloods and 10x the size. Plus the last/keep better than bloods - they recommend 70 degrees - which means no more bloodworms in the crisper drawer in the fridge :barf:

·
Registered
206 Posts
sandworms

lynnhaven carries sandworms most of the time. they just started because of the shortage of bloodworms

dan lee

fish til it hurts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Hey Dan

I looked for you on friday night at the peir but I dont think I saw you. I got my sandworms at Lynnhaven pier on sale for $1.50 per half dozen. The lady said she had a bunch leftover from labor day weekend and wanted to unload them at a discount. They worked as well as the bloods that I also bought there for 4x the price. :mad:

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
I was asking because the critters that are marketed as "nuclear worms" are nasty little buggers shipped in from Vietnam. They're loaded with dangerous bacteria and many states have considered banning them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts