Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got there around 8:00 last night. The tide was going out. Managed to catch a few spot on Fishbites but they wanted real bloodworms. The wind was howling and never let up. People started leaving since it got slow. I figured why not stay the night and try my luck. A number of people also stayed out all night, sleeping on benches or on the planks. Several people got to the pier after midnight. Not a whole lot happened during the night. Closer to morning but still dark the bite started to improve. As the skies brightened (it was overcast) the bite turned on! It was spot on every cast. The fish didn't care if you used Fishbites or real bloodworms. If there was hardly any Fishbites left on the mesh they still bit. Also caught a four specks ranging from 10 to 12" on the Fishbites. Reeled until I got tired of reeling. In the end I caught about 100 spot. Some porpoises came in and slowed the bite. I left around 9:00 AM.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Threw the small ones back. Kept fish for family members that like spot.

If I wasn't so tired I would have tossed some lures for specks.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ba0021,

I called vbfp yesterday and they are not doing anything yet. It'll happen eventually but the water temperatures are still warm enough that the fish have not made their big move out of the bay.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Just got back from lynn pier 10/01 today. Finally got a piece of the spot action!! Wasn't gonna let a little rain sway me from getting dinner. Upset I missed the big push this passed weekend I made up for it today with some (2 dozen) jumbo spot in the cooler on the incoming tide today. Enough to satisfy my spot fix. Wind was bonkers! out of the NE...but manageable with your back to it. :rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts