Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It sucked. :barf:

I didn't get skunked though........thanks to the 5 pinfish I caught. My son ended the night with 4 bluefish. One was given to him, he got doubles, and the single. He used cut spot that was given to us by a pier patron. We arrived around 1:30 pm and left around 11:00 pm.

Which reminds me............I did meet one of the fortunate anglers who fished as part of the recent "spot" brigade. As it turns out he is a P&S "lurker." :jawdrop:

I hope he decides to come on board.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Thrifty, You fished the first day in a week with no spot run. Just wish I had made it there earlier in the week. I was there on Saturday night and the cleaning tables were busy. Those pricey bloodworms was the only thing they would bite. Oh and pups were in close being taken on crab. Nice size, in the 24'' zone.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Some large spot were hitting this evening all the way at the T-less end. Some blue as well. Nothing seemed to want to take my offering. I had peeler, shrimp, squid, cut spot, and of course that high ticket item......bloodworms. Got mine at Lynnhaven Seafood along with the fresh shrimp.....at the bottom of the Lesner Bridge.

A lot of folks were hanging around waiting for the spot to come in. I had a feeling they wouldn't. The way I see it, the Northeast wind brought em in and unfortunately the wind was out of the Southeast, I believe. Got a lot of bait left and I will try Harrison's.....which was my alternate choice. Should have followed my instinct and gone there instead.

Well my son had a blast. 9 and a half hours for three small bluefish was time well spent.;)

BTW: It seems that I am always a day late and a dollar short. Had to count up toll change to come up with the last buck I needed for that large ticket item.:mad:

·
Registered
206 Posts
i was out here to tonight. u might have seen me. i was the one close in hoping for some puppy drum action or in the bait shop behind the counter, but as it turns out i didn't catch a thing. that was the first time i got skunked in a long time. oh well i was out earlyer in the week and have about 100 fish to show for it. oh well i will be out there tuseday. before the storm.

dan lee

fish til it hurts

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep. I saw you. Water was extremely calm last night Almost eerie. But the weather was ok.

I humored my son by staying on the end til the last hour or so. Next time.......we will stay closer to shore. Near the cleaning table is where I usually set up.

I can't believe the lack of activity there. Usually something's always biting. Not even those tiny bass could be found. Just a very slow going day/evening/night. Tuesday can only get better. There's no way it could get any worse. I doubt I'll be out there again before next week.

Good Luck to you!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts