Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went out this afternoon in my skiff and put out 50 yards of gill net and after two sets in different places for about an hour a piece I got nothing but a chill not even a crab hope it warms up soon.

·
Banned
1,208 Posts
EH,

THX for the report despite being one of the all to often fishless ones posted of late which are include many of mine :cool:

CDog, fun is what you make it ... so you and I prefer hook & line others noodling :eek:

Also lest we forget, the net could be a second income or desire to eat well on a regular basis. I'd starve on my rod & reel :D

Get what ya need - bent rods or a full net. And, release the rest ...

`bucket

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Bucket well Stated an thanks fer th reminder. Ya could always come on this side of th water an catch croaker fer dinner. :D

·
Banned
1,208 Posts
Cdog,

Any size to them Peninsula Croakers ?

Double drop bottom rig w/or w/o the red bead or skirt, size 4 regular shank hooks (size 6 if they runnin' on the small side), squid or calamari for the rest of ya (fresh shrimp if ya got the jack or blood worms if ya double dipping for spot too), and a 2-3 oz sinker.

Bring it on C(is for Croaker)dog Daddy :D

`bucket

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Yo bucket, two weekends ago avg was 15 with 17-17.5" mixed in.Since then th size has dropped although I did get 1 18"er on Thur night.

Me I go simple,fish finder rig with a 4/0 gami circle.(No gut hooks yet) but think I should go down to a 1/0 or 2/0 to increase hook ups.Using 4oz of weight mostly to practice but th first time I went out they were hitting way out an not close. Since then they are hitting everywhere except my rig. ;) If I get th clean up on th Prkway set up ya wanna come up so I can show ya how ta get skunked? :p

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A net is alot harder to use by yourself than hook and line but I figured I might be able to get a couple of fish for dinner and sometimes you can catch them in a net but not on hook and line and sometimes the other way around but I still got skunked but had fun either way

1 - 7 of 7 Posts