Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never been over there, but it seems to be a pretty productive area. What I'm wondering is is it a peir or is there shore line to fish from? I don't have a boat so peirs and shore are my only option. Trying to get a little info before I make the drive over there from Smithfield.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
There is no public pier in Lynnhaven Inlet. Fishing is either on the shoreline or by kayak. Lesner Bridge construction has hindered fishing at the usual locations at the entrance of the inlet.

·
Registered
35 Posts
There is no public pier in Lynnhaven Inlet. Fishing is either on the shoreline or by kayak. Lesner Bridge construction has hindered fishing at the usual locations at the entrance of the inlet.
It seems to be they have opened back up the boat ramp side of the inlet, specfically that shoreline from the bridge to around that point. I went out and had a very productive night on nice schoolie strippers and trout a few weeks back and did not see any "no trespassing signs" , I may be mistaken but if I dont see any signs, then I am fishing lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
It's been a few years since I make the trip down from Richmond. Ive been several times and had most of my luck from shore, fishing just inside of the inlet and working the pilings and best as possible. Gulp 4" mullet peal white with a red jughead (as light as is usable) has worked best for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts