Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the outgoing this evening. The wind died down which actually didn't help things. Started out with a pink Zoom fluke with no luck... at least the stripers liked them last night. Switched to a Mirrolure 52MR PD and hooked up for about 10 seconds before it shook off. About 20 minutes later I hooked into another fish and this was a decent size... about 24-26" and fat. I grabbed my gloves and as soon as I lifted the line, POP!!! I watched the fish swim away with my Mirrolure. Must have been a nick in the braid. Tied on a Mirrolure TT808 with no luck. Tied on a Mann's Hardnose mullet and got a decent 19" striper. After that the tide slowed and I called it quits. Nice quality fish so far this year.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Dang Phil you lost the big one !! Glad you got out there and got some pullage though. Me and Darrin fished the Elizabeth today and burned up the stripers ! We lost count but I would say 35-40 is a good guess with the biggest being 27". Half of them were 18"-24". Slow trolling the chartreuse 6" storms again. Will hook up soon and get out there. You working all day weds. ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts