Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished the outgoing tide at sunset. The water level was low since the gusting west winds were pushing the water out. A little bit after the sun went down I got a brief hook up on a small striper on a Mirrolure but it shook off. Then about one hour later I heard alot of stripers busting bait. Threw my usual Mirrolure with no luck. Switched to another color Mirrolure... no luck. Switched to a Rat-L-Trap, then a Storm... not a bump. Running out of lures I tried an old Berkley floater-diver and managed a fat 19" striper. After that the bite was done. Learned a lesson... bring more lures just in case!

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
The bridge is always a good spot for top water when they're busting bait on top !! I love to 'see' the hook-up !! :eek:

·
Registered
766 Posts
I Roll with like 5 tackle boxes then I also have the little deviders as well I have more hooks and Line and Weights and Lure then one man can throw in a week. But I alway have what they are biteing on. Fill up the whole back of my truck with crap just in case Never leave a thing at the house. I like Forest Moma always said, "Fishing is Like a Box Of Chocolates you never know what you going to get..." Or was that life well what ever it was best to go prepaired for any and everything.
Tight Lines,
Tim

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ben,
Good to hear from ya. No... I have not been out to TCC since the spring. Haven't heard anything lately either. Thought about going out there after work one evening and soaking some bait.
Phil

·
Registered
573 Posts
Let me know if you want some company when you go Phil. I'm game with a little TCC action. How'd you do out there last season? I didn't really fish that area much last year. Thanks, Ben

1 - 7 of 7 Posts