Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Fished Lynnhaven Inlet with my Dad and one of his friends yesterday from about 10 am to 4 pm. We caught several specks with a few keepers ranging from 14'' to 18", 1 puppy drum 20'', 3 black drum (16'', 16'', 17'') several small sea bass, 1 greytrout 14''. My dad never used gulps until yesterday. I showed him how good they work and now he's hooked on them. We wanted to head to the CBBT but the wind was too bad. In all it was a great day of fall fishing in the inlet.

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
Thanks for the report. Hearing about lots of spike trout this year with very few keepers. Last winter must've really done a number on them.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice catch with the keeper specks. Been using bass assassins. Might have to give the gulps a try.
I've just started using gulps this season and they work great for a lot of different fish. I just caught a keeper puppy drum yesterday on NOB with a gulp. My first one of the season. I was never in to using lures, just live bait. Hopefully I can get back out there Saturday.

Fish'n Phil, I see you've been sharing fishing reports from Lynnhaven inlet. Where at in the inlet do you normally target?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Nice! Love the variety! You got the blacks on the gulps too? Boat fishing or from the sand?
Thanks for the report

1 - 7 of 7 Posts