Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished this afternoon from 4 to 7. Caught a lot of specks ranging from 10 to 13" on cheap Wally World 3" swimbait and Bass Assassin...none big enough to keep. When it got dark I was hoping to see some stripers busting bait but it never happened. The specks stopped biting but I kept on casting anyway. On my last cast a decent sized fish hit the Bass Assassin...luckly the Power Pro let me turn it...25" striper.

Fish Fish Bass Striper bass Suzuki

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thanks for the report! Been thinking of heading down there when my buddy gets up here.

Where do you fish? Off the pier or on the shore along the inlet? I know you can get back in there near crab creek, etc too. Just not sure where to focus for a one day trip.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Flea,
Was thinking the same thing. Last year I didn't catch one striper worth keeping in Lynnhaven Inlet. That striper made all my suffering casting in the rain worth it. Seems like the temperatures are one month behind so hopefully they'll be around through December.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I went on the 29th out there paddled from crab creek to broad bay hitting dock lights. We got 10 specks and no sign of stripah. They were thick a couple weeks ago under great neck tho. Anyone know anything bout any trout out ER?

·
Registered
929 Posts
I went on the 29th out there paddled from crab creek to broad bay hitting dock lights. We got 10 specks and no sign of stripah. They were thick a couple weeks ago under great neck tho. Anyone know anything bout any trout out ER?
This is my play ground area. None that I've seen ,caught or heard of in the er from Norfolk to the great bridge locks . all trout I've caught or heard of been caught from Lynnhaven ,ocean view ,williowbee area. With 95 precent being undersized. I say we are a month to month half behind . water been clearer then I have ever seen it, with more cat fish and white perch then normal. Very few boats out .I Can normally count them on one hand.. .

Power plant its mostly torn down so gonna Be interesting thus year. Imo we are not gonna have a trout season. I think schoolies are gonna dominate this Year .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.