Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I managed to make a trip down to VA Beach to go out on a headboat out of Lynnhaven Inlet..for the first time ever in the history of me taking headboats out of Lynnhaven Inlet I wasnt able to catch much..I caught 1 small dogfish shark, 4 hogfish, and 2 undersized black sea bass..:( all the other times ive gone, the bucket has been filled to the rim with spot, croaker, blues, grays..i dont know what was up with the fishin this saturday, but the weather was perfect! All and all, the trip was okay, cause of course, i didnt get completely skunked and i did pay $24 to go on the trip, but there are always bad days, good days, and okay days for fishin..and thats why its called fishin and not catching...On the boat overall, i think a total of 2 croakers were caught and 1 spot, the rest of the fish caught were either undersized black sea bass, hogfish, or sharks, generally if you kept with it, you caught atleast one fish..anyway, in spite of yesterdays fishing adventure in Va Beach, I fished the the James River today around the area of the 42nd street bridge and managed to land a 5 lb. catfish - my first one..put up a pretty decent fight on light tackle :D

1 - 1 of 1 Posts