Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took Mom for a trip fishing. Saturday at Lynnhaven. didn't know it was kids days :eek: but it was fun wathcing all the kids get excited over small fish. We caught lots of tiny fish and one keeper spot. Threw him back because two can't eat one spot. Headed to Grandview sunday. Fishing slow. Caught a couple of undersized flounder , undersized sea bass, trout, roundhead spot, etc. Then came the storm. About 30 minutes before it hit, the water was really moving and several croaker hit. Ended up with 3 croaker (1 & 1/2 lb., 1lb and 3/4 lb.) and one really nice spot. Mom caught the big one and wouldn't leave the pier. She made me pack the wheelchair in the car while she stayed and fished with her oxygen by her side. Had a great time!! Might go back this weekend. Will the big croaker and flounder ever come this year?? :D

·
Registered
315 Posts
Hi Cat, thanks for the report.

I have been waiting all year for the fishing to get good enough to go. Nothing so far...

·
Registered
290 Posts
Keep at it, I got some nice croaker inside Lynn a week or so ago (in a boat thou). It was a moderate bite on the end of an incoming tide.

FISH ON

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
hey Catfishmomma,
The big croaker come out at night, a friend has been catching them up to 3lbs. The bite has been from ten o'clock on, lately. Don't go to far out, maybe the distance of a long cast from the beach, he is catching them from the beach. Peelers have been the bait of choice. And yes this is Grandview.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts