Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished on the beach last night from 9:00 PM to 1:00 AM.
Pretty dead. No wind. All fish caught were small: black
drum, trout, perch and bluefish. Lots of garbage on the beach (straw). Where are the puppies and stripers? Does the cold front have anything to do with the lack of action?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Very little action from the pier as well.
About 6 or 7 spots between Baddog and I. I don't know what the problem is for the last week but I wish the fish would show up. Maybe we need a little storm to wash some of the stuff out of the bay.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Don't know where you guys were but I've fished next to the bridge every morning this week, except today(gotta sleep sometime!), with limited sucess. The fish were feeding/breaking all over next to the pilings and most everyone fishing out there was able to pick up some nice schoolie Rock in the 18-24" range with an occasional 26-27" thrown in along with a few Specks and Greys. All lure fishing and mostly before daylight but that's only because of that nasty 4-letter word called work. Good luck if you go and maybe we'll see each other out there.

·
Registered
291 Posts
jay b- how early you going down. im coming down to va beach columbus day and pretty much plan on living at that bridge.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
fishnkid, what days of the weekend will you be down? The tide for that weekend is outgoing in the early a/m which is what I like for fishing the N/W corner of the bridge on the outside sand bar. It's like the Hot Spots section over on the left says, it's kind of a tricky place to go if you're not familiar with the "lay of the land" but I'd be glad to show you the hows & wheres. It is a wader necessary spot so keep that in mind when you pack your gear. Bmail me if you're interested as you get close to coming. I'll be in Philly next week on business but will hopefully be back by friday afternoon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts