Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I headed to Lynnhaven Saturday to meet all of you who said you were coming. Well, I didn't meet anyone because it appeared no on graced the pier. good thing, however, you didn't waste your time. Talk about slow, 8 hours and didn't get a bite. Dedicated or foolish, I haven't decided. Mom and I headed to the Willowby Spit marina pier Sunday. Caught one keeper spot, several blues (all to small), one very small flounder, several pig fish, and one black drum (my first ever which was to small). Mom, of course, caught the spot which we gave away. Some men at the end of the pier were catching spot using crab, but we didn't have any. Ended up leaving at 1pm and driving to Buckroe. Got pictures of Harrison's, Lynnhaven, and Buckroe Piers, The damage to houses in the buckroe area was unbelievable. I use to work for Red Cross and have been on many a hurricane disaster, but I haven't seen this much tree damage from hurricanes that were class 3s.

If someone will tell me how to load them onto this site, I will be glad to share the pictures. They are pretty good if I say so myself. :D We are planning on making a Saturday trip next weekend to Lynnhaven. Hope to see some of you and that the wind is blowing from the East!! By the way, that one fish cost in triple figures.:barf:

·
Registered
300 Posts
Catfishmamma and mamma - I missed you out there. I didn't get out on the pier until later in the evening so you were probably gone by the time I got there. You are right though - slow fishing unless you like to catch minature blues :rolleyes:

Last night Baddog and I fished and it was the same....I caught one large Croaker Beast but other than that pretty much skunked.

I hope to catch up with the two of you on Saturday if I don't go out on a boat. If I don't see you I wish you all the luck.

Your pictures can be posted if you request sand flea to turn on your image posting option. when you make a post you will see the ATTACH FILE option right above the SUBMIT REPLY button.

I am looking forward to seein' your pictures.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks GDude!! Mom and I may go out on the boats out of Willowby Spit. I will just wait and see what the posts say this week. Sorry we missed you too!!:(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts