Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went out checking what was going on and stopped by lynnhaven fishing pier and saw it looked great. nice white caps and wind out of the NE. two guys fishing there had already pulled up one 32 inch striper. seeing that i pulled my stuff out of the car. long story short i got skunked. anyway at least it looked good out on the water.

dan lee

fish til it hurts

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Biggest catch ever!

Caught my biggest catch ever at Lesner tonight!

Fishing down close to the bridge, wind ripping my gear, 1 3/4 ozr's blowing sideways.

I am ready to throw and about to release when a small kid walks into my throw.

I release early and the slab I was throwing go up on the bridge and snags a car, sizzling 100 yards off my reel faster than I could say ****!!!

I played him for a second, but my 14lb was no match for 3500 pounds of steel rolling at 55.

Changed rods and lost another lure to the snag monster.

I packed it in!

Some guy fishing with live spot on the point at the boat ramp side was said to have caught a 32 incher.

With the wind it was a tough night for lures.

Maybe tomorrow. My luck has GOT to change. :D

Bob

·
Registered
5 Posts
Chesapeake Bay bridge tunnel

I've been out the last 2 mornings from about 7:30 - 12:30 on Saturday and 7:30- 10:30 today. One good strike yesterday skunked today. I was fishing with a bucktail and plastic squid girlfriend bottom fished with squid today and had one bite. It was windy and quite cold today. I saw some other regulars bring in small tautogs and a couple of flounder. Hopefully tomorrow will ba better!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts