Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent Saturday morning at seagull pier with nothing to show for it except waterlogged bait and a couple of skate. and 1 new friend (highlight of my trip to seagull) Left there when the rains came and headed to lynnhaven pier to have a go at it. Nothing hit during the rain except a bluefish at the first covered area. After the rain let up I moved into shore. I was out around the second light on the left and thats where it happened. There was almost non stop hits from the drop of the first line. A few near misses and bad hookset calibrations and We were in business. stayed there over night and got hits consistantly during all tides. When my buddy and I left around 6 am they were still beating the blues all the way up to that first covered area. Everyone else out past that only cought skates. I was told they cought enough to open a roller rink :eek: Every Blue we cought was well over the 15" mark even had a handful of 20"ers. Grilling out tonight :)

·
Registered
300 Posts
I was there too - Awesome action on the blues for sure. In fact for the last 4 days every night before sundown they just come in so thick the bait fish are jumpin out of the water in droves to get away.

Blue fish are a lot of fun to catch when they come in like that.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hear you there graphix. There was a few times it got pretty intense.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts