Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I'm thinking about taking the sea bass charter out of Lynhaven on friday and was wondering if anyone knows how well they have been doing. The lady who answered the phone said they had been doing pretty good but I wanted to make sure. Can I expect to catch anything else. Thanks for the info.
smokie

·
Registered
417 Posts
They've been doing very well on big black sea bass at the Triangle Wrecks. Occasionally, someone pulls up a huge flounder or a tog, but the sea bass generally get to the squid before it has a chance to hit the bottom. I highly recomend these offshore sea bass trips...one of the best fishing opportunities for the money.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
It seems like wreck fishing is in full force along the east coast. Types of fish vary but it seems that the seabass are very aggressive everywhere you go.
-Anthony

·
Registered
191 Posts
Man am I lost. My oldest son is getting married Saturday, and his soon to be father in law tried to charter a boat from the "SALLY T' folks. He was talked out of it and was told there were not that many fish being caught offshore. I was really looking forward to some seabass action. This was information given to him yesterday 10/27, we're going out 10/31. What's up? Who are you guys going out with? Can you give me a phone number?
Thanks in advance, Tim

·
Registered
14 Posts
Lynnhaven Charters

TW, I believe the boats they are referring to are the ones who wreck fish about 12-15 miles out from the coast. It's not what I would call offshore fishing. But they catch allot of fish. I go on them regularly when it's too rough for my 22' Glacier Bay. Have fun!!!

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
If you charter a boat and tell them that you want to go offshore, they will assume that you will want to fish for tuna. If you tell them that you want to go seabass fishing, then they will take you to the wrecks, which should be red hot right now. If the charter says the seabass fishing is slow, then something is wrong as seabass fishing is the hottest action along the coast. Hope this helps.
-Anthony

·
Registered
191 Posts
I didn't speak with the fellows but what they were told was that the seabass were scarce and not many caught this past weekend out on the triangle.
Thanks For the post guys

1 - 8 of 8 Posts