Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i do all my salt water fishing on the bottom for croakers spot weakfish now ive heard tales of jigging for croakers what lures would be good for the blues & weakfish ?? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
A mall white grub on ultra lite tackle.You can do the same for Puppy drum,Roundheads,small weakfish.

The key is small bait,and lite tackle.

If the Blues are in force,you will have a lot of tail-less grubs.

I have also caught them on small flies,tied on to Spec-Rig.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
maybe something like a shabbiki rig or would that be to small

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
Well that's too small.You might wind up with small butter fish or pompano's.
My ideal rig would be no more than a 1/8th oz lead head or buck tail,tied on to small diameter fluoro-carbon on an ultra lite tackle.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
I've never targeted croaker with lures, but I've caught a few fishing for other species, mainly on small grubs. If the "weakfish" are Greys stick with the smaller leadheads and grubs, if they're Speckled use the bigger baits such as Mirrolures or larger grubs. Any color pattern for both, change if what you're using isn't working. As far as the type of grub Fin S, Storms, Mr. Wiffle, Bass Assasins, whatever is your choice, anything goes.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the info like i said a dude told me he used a squid looking & color for the croakers but i dont have any prob catching them on th bottonm next time the bite slow down ill try a couple different of these jigs :cool: :cool: just not today RC

·
Registered
239 Posts
I have cleaned up on croaker with a big sabiki out at Seagull. I saw someone else doing it, so I used mine, and we caught VERY good sized ones until we got tired of it. I think I had the 'baby shrimp' kind. I intend to do it again!
:D

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fish the first time i ever used th shibiki was down on dock st caught white pearch american shad herring sall rockfish never thought bout using it to many other places il surely give it a try :eek: just not today RC

1 - 9 of 9 Posts