Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Chick's from around 3:30-8:30 last night. Tide was a bit high to wade the bar for the first 1-1.5 hrs, so I tossed metal on the W side and hooked up with one. Moved over to the E side and hooked up w/ 3 on a modified rattle trap. FISH N FOOL showed up and we waded to the bar. I was trying a WE SHAD and hooked up with one, but FNF was doing better with a mirrolure so I was going to switch to my rattle trap but decided to let it drift away. Thought it was hooked up, but...Put on a windcheater and hooked up with a few. Bite was very inconsistent as the fish were further out. FNF let me borrow a rattle trap that produced for a bit. Jay b showed up but the bite just wasn't there for us. Ended up with 14 fish, which is very good, but WED set the bar a bit high. I did have one that took my windcheater as I was getting ready to lift it from the water to cast. Had to let out line so I could release it.

·
Registered
191 Posts
i ended staying til round 10 nothing just saw birds with splashes here and there.
wet suit guy caught a couple more after you left but he was further out past the bar a bit he said it was to his neck and he was on tip toes.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Shoeless, thanks for the heads-up. A couple fish a piece still smells better than the skunk. I had to go to N.I.T. this morning for work and on the way back my truck decided to take the detour off 64, up Northampton to the Lesner and Chicks--nada, no birds, fish or anything. I'm not sure if we didn't leave too soon last night. Right where I parked there were the carcasses of 4, 28-32" stripers left behind by some no-filleting, dumb-a$$, slob over by the pond. I may of just not seen them last night in the dark, but they sure looked fresh!! Anyway I'm just venting, it just PI$$ES ME OFF when I see that kind of stuff. Not only are they out of season but trashing a nice fishing area is just what it takes to have it closed down to everyone!! I'm stepping off my soap box now, again thanks for sharing the info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts