Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Texas Gulf

Actually the Texas gulf runs all the way to the Lousianna border. Myself and Bill Smith have visited the High Is.[ Home of Big Lou M.] Crystal Beach [The home of Jerry V.] both in the top 5 casters in the country. and Galvaston areas. We go to Corpus Christi every spring and fall for casting tournaments. We have fished from Port A. to the end of Padre Island National Seashore. There are a lot of places to fish along the gulf coast and nearly all are good. I am no expert on the gulf by any means but I can say I seen some beautiful fish caught from one end to the other.
If you are interested in the Padre IS.[PINS] Port A. area you might want to check out the Breakaway board. Thats where you'll find the people that know this area best and that includes Buddahead [Gary].
Bob S

link
breakawayuse.com

·
Registered
174 Posts
sorry

I missread your post so my first response may seem a little off key.
Actually a lot of the people from nothern Texas are still dealing with their losses from hurricane Ike. I talked with Jerry V from Crystal beach and he says they are all working together to get everyone back in their homes but there is still a lot of work to do. Just keep posting the'll be back
Bob

·
Registered
983 Posts
yea, there are alot of people still dealing with their unfortunate losses, therefor we dont have a whole lot of members from the northern Texas/ Louisiana coastal areas...........but we have several that still fish in those areas

·
Registered
2 Posts
im new on here and fish mostly West Bay in Galveston and around Kemah so hopefully i can give so good reports for my area down here..pretty much all the piers in Galveston are gone except for a few rock groins along the seawall and one pier that just opened up in San Leon.. the surf has been excellent lately when the wind allows and fishing in genral for me has been pretty good in West Bay..

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
P&S don't hold back on anyone,,, gesss if we let them Yankies on here to post ya know we will let the Good Ol Boys from the South on too :p

Welcome to P&S and show us what ya are catchen.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Welcome Double D, I too go to Corpus every year to cast in the longcasting tournies there and fish both P.I.N.S and Mustang Beach. I live just north of you in Conroe. I know both Bob Sales and Bill well and enjoy seeing them every year when they come down. You need to hook up with me sometime and I will show you what a true longcast looks like.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.