Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have a set of chest waders you would like to sell, please shoot me an email.

Would like to get some, but prefer to save a buck or two when I can.

I have no idea on the size.. I am 5' 11 , weight about 218, and size 38 pants. Ususally wear an extra large shirt.

Christmas time leaves me poor with no good "fishin" presents for me!

Thanks!

Bob

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I just got hosed..ordered waders from BPS for $169.95..oh well..I did save $30.00 on a Tica 7' for my son this weekend..win some lose some.:(

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Man!

You sure did. I bought mine from there when they were on discount and were having military discount last month. $89.99 was price I paid for em and have put them to good use since!:D

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
It really depends on what you want to spend. I'm sure that Murphman got some waders that were of high quality. I got some waders that were 89.99 that were 20% off at Sports Authority on saturday. I would recommend getting one that has the boots built in, just less to worry about.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I bought the White River Breathables (boot foot)@$129.95 and added some wader pants to wear underneath @$39.95..I don't see how you can go wrong with the Orvis waders..their merchandise is usually high quality. I guess now that I have waders I can hit AI:D

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
And that is the difference between the $50 pair and the $120 pair. One is made for freshwater usage like creeks and lakes and the other is for more rugged use like AI. Remember 99% of the time you get what you pay for.:)

·
Registered
215 Posts
Is anyone still looking for wadders?

I'm ordering a pair of Hodgemens breathables for a buddy for christmas, and would be willing to add a pair or two to the order. Let me know if you want brathables or neoprine.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I know 2 guys who have hodgemen breathables. One guy is on his 2nd pair because of leaks and the other is on his 4th pair for the same reason. They leak where the booth meets the wader. Good luck. I hope you have better luck. Bring along extra dry socks.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I know 2 guys who have hodgemen breathables. One guy is on his 2nd pair because of leaks and the other is on his 4th pair for the same reason.
Ouch - at 1+ Benjamin a pop - that's a nice custom heaver and reel combo.

I have some friends with Orvis breathables and they were worth the extra money.

·
Registered
63 Posts
These 2 guys I mentioned bought there waders I think from Dick's Sporting Goods and so far have been able to get replacements. Just a pain to keep going back. I can't believe the prices on the Orvis site. That is cheap for breathables. I can't find a warranty time on the web site. May have to give them a call.

·
Registered
215 Posts
They make alot of different varieties

I know the ones your talking about at Dicks, I believe it is their cheapest pair they make. I wouldn't be surprised if they are made especially for dicks. Like abu does with their reel for walmart. It all comes down to how they are used etc. I know someone who doesn't work a regular job so that he can guide once or twice a week come fall, and he goes through atleast 2 pairs of Breathables every season. And he's tried all the brands. Even spend an arm and leg on Simms wadders with the same outcome. With breathables you can't just go on the bank and kneel down without looking. Now if its a seam that leaks thats a different story. Whatever brand you buy, they all make versions that are good, you just have to know which ones. Well thats my two cents.

·
Registered
63 Posts
These waders were over $150. Didn't know reels and waders were made differently depending on where they are sold.
Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts