Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for suggestions on places to drown some bait in the Annapolis/Severn River area the weekend of Aug.23rd. We'll be visiting my daughter and son-in-law and he and I will need to get out of the house Saturday! I know Iwill have to buy a Maryland license and before I do that I would like to a have general idea of places to go.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

·
Registered
597 Posts
HI Wade,
Welcome to the forum. I fish up in Annapolis all the time. What sort of setups do you have? SPSP is a nice place to fish but you need at least a 9'-12' setup out there. There is also a pier next the the on the Severn river across from the Naval Academy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reddog,

Thanks for your response!

I'll be using light first timers' gear I bought for my daughter when she was stationed in Pensacola. I just want to wet a line and mkaybe bring home some croaker or spot for supper Saturday night. I'm not familiar with "SPSP". could you tell me where/what that is? The pier across from Annapolis sounds inviting. With all the rain you folks have gotten has the river become too fresh for fish for a while? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Having been born and raised in Newport News, I was brought up fishing in Hampton Roads and James River. Just never had the pleasure of fishing so far up the Chesapeake.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Hey wade welcome to the site. On the left hand side there is a hot spot link. Click it and then click on md. You will see the address for Sandy Point State Park and the severn river bridge fishing spots. Plug those in to expedia and get you some driving directions since I don't know where you are coming from. They are both on Rt 50 towards annapolis before the Bay bridge so you don't have to pay the $3 to go over bridge. At the severn bridge you should get into some spot, perch, croaker and blues. Maybe even a rockfish if you are lucky. Let us know when you go and maybe some of us can meet you out there. Tight Lines!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, Jason!

If we're able to go it'll be Saturday, probably around late afternoon. My son-in-law is not an early riser, as I am. We'll be coming from Crownsville where they rent a home. Either SPSP or the Severn bridge look like good places for easy access from Crownsville.

My wife and I are going out to be with our daughter while she has surgery at Walter Reed and spend a few days during the initial recuperation period. that's why I said "if we are able to go". I don't want to make a committment on going fishing until we see how well our daughter tolerated this surgery.

Again, thanks for the recommendations!

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Hey Wade I used to work there and if she is getting surgery there she should be in good hands. :) What I am trying to say is it looks promising for your possible fishing trip. ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the encouragement, Jason!

I was a Navy Corpsman, OR Tech, a long time ago and have seen a lot of surgery. Some I wish to God I had not had to see. This procedure, thyroidectomy, is familiar to me but when it's one of your own, it's a "whole 'nother ballgame".

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Yes sir, when it is one of your own it definitely gets tricky. I am an Ear Nose and Throat technician and have been in on tons of surgeries. I have been in on all kinds of plastic surgeries done to peoples faces. You wouldn't believe what people do to themselves. I am looking to go under the knife soon too. I broke my nose at the last concert I went to in the Mosh pit (never again) I have a deviated septum so bad I can't breathe right out of my nose so they are gonna break it back and shave my septum down. This surgery is really crazy and not looking forward to it. They use actual chizels to break the septum an shave it down. I told myself I would never do it but now it has become a Quality of life problem so...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Neither the broken nose nor the surgery can be comfortable! I'll keep you in my prayers along with my daughter. Her thyroid enlargement has her breathing restricted by 15% at last check, about six weeks ago. She's uncomfortable enough now is the time to have this thing removed. It's a pretty scary proposition for her, but she's ready, I think.

I better get back to doing what I get paid to do! Talk to you next week before we leave for Maryland.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts