Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all, trying to decide on a new heaver to pair with my new Avet MXL MC Raptor.

Anybody tried out the NEW Ocean Master surf rods? They seem solid, but I don't know how they compare to the old model.

Otherwise I may go with another 12' Tica Dolphin 6-12oz.......unless anyone has any better ideas?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a Tica Dolphin 12xh2c and an Ocean Master OM12sc. Both in really good condition that I’ve been thinking about selling. Reason is that I used to go to Hatteras 3-4 weeks a year. Now since I’ve moved to the east coast of Florida and live a mile from the ocean, I only hit Hatteras once a year.
I no longer need the heavy heavers here in Florida. I still though have a Penn Carnage II XH and a Diawa Tournament 305 I use for Hatteras and here. So I am willing to part with either one of the rods if your interested in buying. If you are we can talk price and shipping.

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Nothing I can help ya out with ... the Avet isn't a long distance casting reel, but it's a good fishing reel, so pick any rod that'll mate with the fish species you'll mostly target, don't need to spend a lotta loot, even a 13' Fiblink off Amazon will do nicely for under $75. Load up with good mono and have a ball.

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Tackle - it's all subjective stuff to one degree or another. On the beach for weight and bait I want a long rod, at least 12', 13-14' better yet. Set the realistic rod total payload range to meet the kinda bait and weight for the targeted fish. I have bait rods for different payloads. Some rods will do nicely for lures as well, but I prefer smaller 10-11' rods for the artificials (mainly tins and plugs). Got a Breakaway Omega 10'6" blank and a Zziplex Bass CT 11'8" blank to wrap up over this Winter, get ready for Spring. Life is still good.

I should add - don't trust rod payload weight ranges!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.