Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all:

Does anyone know where I can get a Penn 350M Leveline reel that is in good working order?

Have not found any other levelwind reel with the spiral bar. Unfortunately Penn quit making them after 1997.

I have two of them I use for trolling with leaded line for large Rainbows in the big lakes of the Pacific NW and British Columbia.

They are by far the best levelwind reels that I have ever used for cranking in these big fighters who can take out a lot of line in a hurry. The spiral bar ensures that the line NEVER can catch or be slowed down by the levelwind mechanism. The levelwind takes your mind off of ensuring the line does not bunch up on the reel while fighting the fish.

Thanks,
Joe

·
Registered
862 Posts
I believe U.S. Reels is making a new levelwind using a system very similiar to the Penn 350. I have a Penn 350 and that is a nice levelwind system.

John

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Joe,

I found mine on ebay. Patience, and a new set of drag washers, usually yields a good reel for a decent price. Happy hunting.
Dave

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
Take a look at the Penn 320 GT2 I’m not sure how it will compare to the 350 I've never seen one before I know that the 320 will take a beating has a case hardened level wind and is capable of handling wire line.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hello all:

Does anyone know where I can get a Penn 350M Leveline reel that is in good working order?

Have not found any other levelwind reel with the spiral bar. Unfortunately Penn quit making them after 1997.

I have two of them I use for trolling with leaded line for large Rainbows in the big lakes of the Pacific NW and British Columbia.

They are by far the best levelwind reels that I have ever used for cranking in these big fighters who can take out a lot of line in a hurry. The spiral bar ensures that the line NEVER can catch or be slowed down by the levelwind mechanism. The levelwind takes your mind off of ensuring the line does not bunch up on the reel while fighting the fish.

Thanks,
Joe
At our local flea market one of Vendors had a Beauty 350 mounted on rod , he normally will split rigs up , i have bought a lot of gear from him and he is good to deal with ,i can ask what he wants , so get back to me Sat night//Sunday or Tues am as i see him on those days. How much you want to Go for nice clean reel $45-50 55 Al

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
welcome to the family.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Damm Canuck Snow Birds (Nice 350), guy at flea market has a nice one also, said he would split combo up ,How ever I have the price he wants, but with other 350 not avail till Jan I will sit on price to be fair . I have no $$ in this buy this or buy this ,just vendor who has been a fair & straight with me, if i was looking my self seeing photo of NamodFL ,it would be flip a coin ,one at Flea market has the chrome spool vice the Black. AL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts