Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a pier that allows night fishing in the Northern Virginia or Maryland area. I have just moved to this area and have discovered that driving to Hampton is a little too far for a night of fishing.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
54 Posts
there is severn river and a couple of other places that i go to from here, it just depends on where you want to go.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Well there is the severn river bridge in Annapolis like peterkin said. Just take Rt 50 east to Naval Academy exit and follow it till the bridge. Go left just before and park under the main bridge. The fishing should be picking up there now that it is getting to be fall. If you want to travel a little further the choptank pier is about an hour past that and will definitely have good fishing at night during the fall. You should come out and join us at the choptank cleanup this saturday and scope it out. Welcome aboard! If you look in the left corner on the hotspots will give you some more choices.

·
Registered
54 Posts
i may just join you guys this saturday. i'm dying to get back out to the choptank for some fishing. how did you guys juggle fishing and cleaning up anyway?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am not sure where that is or what is involved, but if you give some more info, I will def. mark it on the calendar. Always nice to meet new people when you are new in the area.

Any other good fishing holes I should know about?

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
You should try to make the choptank clean-up this saturday. The choptank Pier is easy to get to. Just take rt.50 east all the way down until you see signs for the pier. There are two piers that you can fish at, the Talbot side and the Cambridge side. We will be fishing the cambridge side, which is the pier that is after the bridge that you drive over that runs parallel to the fishing piers. We will all meet there at 2:00pm this saturday and will be staying until at least 11:30. You should join us. Since you are new to this site, don't feel obligated to clean the pier with us, but stay and chat and maybe get a little fishing in. We had a clean-up on August 2nd with excellent results. Go to http://mysite.verizon.net/vze3msdx/id12.html for more details. There will be plenty of people there to talk to about fishing spots in the area. Hope this helps.
-Anthony

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Well fishingirl there is kents narrows and matapeake still left. They are on the other side of the bay bridge. Those places you can fish 24/7. The narrows is more artificial oriented and matapeake has a few good holes on the corners. You should come out and join us on the cleanup. Check your pm's. Peterkin we start cleaning at 2 pm and should only take us an hour or two to finish depending on how many people show up. After that we grill some food and get right to fishing. Should be fun! Reply to the other post and I will add your names if you can make it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts