Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be in the Atlantic Beach/Emerald Isle, NC area next week starting Oct. 27. Just wondering if anyone has heard what's biting around the Ft. Macon jetty or the surf?? Also, any report of amount of finger mullet in the surf would be appreciated. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I fished the surf around Ft. Macon last Thursday. I caught 5 flounder and one oyster cracker. I fished the surf with gulp shrimp and swimming mullet. All of the flounder were 14.25" to 14.75" long. It really hurts my feelings to throw the 14.75" fish back, especially since last year they would have been keepers. I did not see anyone else catch anything. They were mostly throwing cut finger mullet or shrimp. Best of luck!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I fished the surf around Ft. Macon last Thursday. I caught 5 flounder and one oyster cracker. I fished the surf with gulp shrimp and swimming mullet. All of the flounder were 14.25" to 14.75" long. It really hurts my feelings to throw the 14.75" fish back, especially since last year they would have been keepers. I did not see anyone else catch anything. They were mostly throwing cut finger mullet or shrimp. Best of luck!
What is the measurement for keeper flounder now??

·
Registered
12 Posts
Throwing back a 14.75" thick flounder hurts my soul. But I'd rather my soul hurt than my pocket book. The park rangers were on steady patrol, but never checked me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts