Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I am new to this site, but I feel I fit right in. Is there anyone living near the James River Bridge who can give me a heads up notice when the croakers start running? I lucked up and caucht them 3 yrs ago, but living in Charlotte, NC -5 hrs away- it's hard to get good information. Please help if you can...just let me know when they start bitting.:fishing:
Thanks,
Mr. B

·
Registered
547 Posts
when a "wellfare line" of shopping carts forms beside the crab shack, it's time

when you see a row of 14ft surf rods, using 50lb test, a bottom rig with whole squid heads and a sparkplug for a sinker, it's time(but only if the bar-code is still on the rod and they're reeling a spinner on top of the pole and cranking towards themselves)

when there are a pile of spilled and broken mat liquor bottles, it's time

when there is a dustcloud of trash swirling around the bridge, composed of squid boxes and bloodworm bags, it's time.

when you hear shopping carts and 103jamz from 5mi away, it's time.

·
Registered
290 Posts
when you see a row of 14ft surf rods, using 50lb test, a bottom rig with whole squid heads and a sparkplug for a sinker, it's time(but only if the bar-code is still on the rod and they're reeling a spinner on top of the pole and cranking towards themselves)
Last year I saw some guys out on a pier one afternoon, I think Lynnhaven, Fishing with line wrapped around hairspray cans. They would wrap the line around the can, then spin a one ounce weight with a bottom rig around like a lasso and toss the weight...

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Last year I saw some guys out on a pier one afternoon, I think Lynnhaven, Fishing with line wrapped around hairspray cans. They would wrap the line around the can, then spin a one ounce weight with a bottom rig around like a lasso and toss the weight...
I've heard stories like that, but never seen it. Closest I've seen to that is on VB Pier, and it was a fella using one of those little "Pocket Fisherman" things. Kind of funny.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.