Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone, i'm new to the area as well as new to the whole pier and surf fishing experience. I've been a freshwater fisherman all my life till this past summer when i went to oregon inlet. Boy, was that a blast! Now i have a problem. I'm hooked (no pun intended :D ) and i dont know many spots around the area. I have recently been fishing the rappahannock river at naylors beach. we caught over 100 catfish all together 2 weeks ago and i had one of them ripped open by something. anyways...i live in manassas n dont really mind a few hours drive because i'll fish for 2 days straight if i drive that far. i just love fishing in general so i'm not really looking for anything in particular. i never caught a striper so if i did it surely wouldnt hurt. so if anyone could point me to some good spots and hopefully some tips i would greatly appreciate it. tight lines

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
lilsurfer.......just keep reading these boards and do a little researching to the left.You will be catchen um in no time....the R

·
Registered
206 Posts
being from up there i would say check out a place called sandy point maryland, that is the name of it i think. i have heard some really big Rock fish have been pulled in there over the winter. ask sand flea i believe he is from that area.

dan lee

fish til it hurts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanx everyone who replied to this thread. I would just like to say this site was the most informative one i've been on and hopefully i'll get my bearing around the surrounding area and as a saltwater fisherman. I look forward to possibly fishing with you guys sometime in the near future. In the meantime...wish me luck and tight lines everyone.

·
Registered
206 Posts
same to u. i like fishing in the summer here more because the piers are all open down here. but with winter and izzy all we have left is seagull and the shore:(

dan lee

fish til it hurt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts