Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to find a 12' Spinning Surf rod, mostly for lures. Don't need a real expensive one. All suggestions appreciated. I am a Newbie so just trying to get a rod where I maybe can get some more distance.

Thanks in advance,
Fox

·
Registered
199 Posts
Shakespeare UglyStick BWS1100. Comes in 12'. Rated Heavy and good with 20-40# line. They say lure weight is 2-12oz, but thru using one, Id say 3-8oz is more of good weight to stick around. Costs about $65. Just my 2 cents. Im sure you'll get plenty other suggestions!

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
Tica.... Tsunami

·
Registered
854 Posts
You can take a look at the Diawa Sealine Surf Rods. There are many great ones out there you just gotta try a few and make Your decision with the reel you have and your style.:fishing::beer:

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
The airwave is a great pole..

·
Registered
862 Posts
I am surprised anyone answered this post not knowing what lure weight you plan on throwing. Please let us know what size lures so we can give a good recommendation.

John

·
Registered
862 Posts
I would say the best rod for 3oz would be the zziplex Powertex Bass which is 12'8" and throws very far, but is not cheap. After that I would recommend the Breakaway LDX ,it is not too expensive, easy to find and will throw the weight you will be using quite well but is 13'.

John

·
Premium Member
3,869 Posts
You might consider somthing a little shorter- maybe in the 10-11' range for lures.

Just a few casts with a long rod, constantly retrieving and working the rod, will flat out wear you out. Unless you absolutely need max distance, a 10 or 11' rod will be much friendlier, and one that will not likely sit idle after just a few casts.

You can get plenty of distance with these rods- when paired with a nice light spinner with braid-- no need to go extra long.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.