Pier and Surf Forum banner

long distant (where and how to start)

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  longcaster 
#1 ·
what reading and viewing should i check out. right now i throw with mainly just arms. whitney, when he was in kitty hawk, built me two rods 12' and 10' loomis. my average distant with 6 oz is approx 70 yds. help would be appreciated. thanks, outerbanker1

#3 ·
Check out Neil Mackellow's video for starters, and pick up a couple of books. Maybe Ron Arra's book. I think Nick from breakaway also has a video but I haven't seen it.

#7 ·
Outerbanker
You have two of the best casters right in your area. Stop by TW'S tackle shop in Kill Devil Hill's and ask for Mike Langston or go to Rodanthe and see Ryan White at the Hatteras Jack Tackle Shop.
Both are 700 ft. plus casters and will assist you with your casting.
Bob S

#9 ·
i'm about to delve for the very first time into Beach/Surf fishing and correct me if i'm wrong but it seems to be alot about long casting...

I'm gonna buy my kit when i get to Australia (East Coast) - i'm a complete novice to Sea fishing, let alone Surf fishing, so any guidance on rods and reels would be greatly appreciated...

In Aus they seem to prefer a type of reel made by 'Alvey', which is very different to the Multiplier reels i see in the uk....does anyone have any experience of these?

When using a Multiplier reel - does it matter if it's used under or ontop of the rod for beach fishing?

cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.