Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could we get a list of how much it cost to fish at different locations? Many of you veterans fish often and know how much it is to get on a pier or beach to fish so would you mind telling us newbies how much it cost at places like:

Location Cost(Per person or vehicle) Hours?
NBP
BP
SPSP
PLO
Choptank

Please feel free to add to this list.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
PLO - 3.00 on weekend (I think per car), free on weekdays
NBP - 4.00 per pole, 2.00 after that (heard that after 11:00 pm, they'll kick non-residents out. That sucks!!)
SPSP - 4.00 per person on weekend, 3.00 on weekdays. After hrs (after 8:00 pm) 1.00

That's all I have, haven't been to The Tank lately, so no info on that.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info TunaFish. Looks like I'll be stopping by SPSP real soon if it's only $1 per person after 8pm. Can you fish until the morning at SPSP or is there a closing time too? Any bait shops around that area?

·
Registered
597 Posts
YOu sure can fish all night this time of year at SPSP. They have bait availiable at the boat shop at the park. Not sure of the hours but also there is a shop coming towards SPSP on route 50 on the right. Anglers is the name of the store.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
If you get there before 6am it only costs $1,they have a bill machine.Anglers is a bait shop before Sandy Point on the right but if I were you I'd find another bait shop to go to maybe the nite before. Their bloods are a little small and will cost you a pretty pennie.:mad:

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
They're open 24 hrs for now anyway. I agree with Trigger, buy your bloodies before going. Angler's worms are half dead and expensive, and quite often they're out of'em.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Since you live in Alex. and have to go over the ww bridge,go up to Rt.4(upper maraboro) go past the exit until you see Waysons corner and a service road,turn onto the service rd. there's a bait shop on the right(CJ's) a little high in their prices but the bloods are larger.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What's the going rate for a dozen of bloodies? About $7 right? Is there any other place to get them on the way? I'm coming from the DC area and travelling up towards the Bay Bridge.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Bait machine

Worst case, buy some bait from the SPSP bait machine (bring lots of singles).
It is still there isn't it?

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
WW,
Don't know how close you're from Clinton, MD. But there's a Walmart off of Branch Ave (Route 5), they're seeling it for 5.67. Also, on St. Barnabas Rd (Holidays Sport), they're selling it for 6.25.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
TunaFish, you're saying walmart sells blood worms?? I know they carry canadian night crawlers at most locations but blood worms at this one?

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Wrong Way, certain Walmart does sell bloodworms. The store in Clinton, MD sells them. The one in Bowie did sell them last year, but I didn'see any this year.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
1. The NB pier is closed to everyone after 11 p.m.

2. The Bowie walmart does sell blood worms but they do not last long..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts