Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
iwas just wondering if anyone has fished at any of the bases lately.i tried the peir at NOB with no luck. and i have fished little creek, but i have not tried any of the other bases. does anyone fish them. seems to me their might be some good spots. :popcorn:

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
I'll bet the jetties off of Fort Story would be a good bet for shore fishing the next few months. Might get a hog, or schoolie, whatever. Definitely, there's a lane there that fatty Striper move to points south.

Myself, haven't got one there, but it looks sooo good on Google Earth. :D

Skunk

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
I'm planning on trying Cheatham Annex soon, maybe tonight. Not familiar with that base at all though, so I'd rather go in the daytime first. The Yorktown CG base has a nice pier, but I think it's closed at sunset. Ft Eustis has a lot of shoreline on the James, but I've never really fished there, except for a dozen times or so many years ago. Dam Neck is good to go, as is Ft Story.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Hey Rich am I correct in the assumption that they close the pier at night? I can't remember. I've been fishing that stretch of river from a boat a lot lately, and there are some big fish around in some surprising places. Better quality fish than last year for sure.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Norfolk base by the ships theres a pier that is open 24/7 but there paving so its closed right now but if you follow to the very end by the oil recovery boats(dry docked) theres a jetty and lots of structure (Striper Heaven schoolies every now and then to jig hogs more common) dont live round there any more sothattime to share my secret watering hole pm me for in depth directions

1 - 14 of 14 Posts