Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coming down to MP 6.5 on the soundside to do some fishing and golfing for the week of Sept 11-17. Any hidden gems of a dive bar with good nibbles me and the old man can hit for an afternoon beer? Looking for any off the beaten path little gem.

thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not really any secrets around here. I like Poor Richard's in Manteo. Small, not as many tourists, good food, love music some nights. On the beach for what you're saying I'd say Nags Head Pier or Lucky 12. Both are gonna be busy though. This place is nuts these days

·
Registered
113 Posts
Is Sam And Omies still around? I wouldn't really call it a dive bar but it had a funky atmosphere and wasn't a bad place for a few beers and appetizers, or even a full meal.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not really any secrets around here. I like Poor Richard's in Manteo. Small, not as many tourists, good food, love music some nights. On the beach for what you're saying I'd say Nags Head Pier or Lucky 12. Both are gonna be busy though. This place is nuts these days
Yea man we have been coming down for 30 years but didnt know if there was like a hidden gem. i just found colington harbor like 5 years ago. never knew it was back there. i hope the fishing is good this year in september though. really stoked

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is Sam And Omies still around? I wouldn't really call it a dive bar but it had a funky atmosphere and wasn't a bad place for a few beers and appetizers, or even a full meal.
oh yea, its a staple. We usually get breakfast and bloody marys there before we head out fishing or golfing for the day.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yea man we have been coming down for 30 years but didnt know if there was like a hidden gem. i just found colington harbor like 5 years ago. never knew it was back there. i hope the fishing is good this year in september though. really stoked
The days you have booked had some really good fishing last yr that's for sure 👍👍👍

·
Registered
96 Posts
The only hidden dive left Blue Crab Tavern on Colington Road. You can decide on the gem part. Not dives but Two Roads Tavern and Mama Kwan's not that hard to get a bar seat and have good food. Most of the other places here eg Red Drum, Lucky 12, Tortugas etc. get really packed early this time of year.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The only hidden dive left Blue Crab Tavern on Colington Road. You can decide on the gem part. Not dives but Two Roads Tavern and Mama Kwan's not that hard to get a bar seat and have good food. Most of the other places here eg Red Drum, Lucky 12, Tortugas etc. get really packed early this time of year.
oh the blue crab is def a gem! my dad and i found it when we randomly came across collington harbor. then we found billy seafood over there for head on shrimp for bait. then we ended up renting a house and slaying black drum a few septembers back. I hope the fishing is as good this year as it was then. we havent been down since 2020

1 - 9 of 9 Posts