Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shaggy just called to say he and his brother Gary have put two stripers in the upper 30's on the beach. Looks like the cold weather's finally turning the bite on!

I may have to pick up some bunker and head over on Saturday...

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
It couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Good luck Shaggy...I'm sure you will be there another day or two if I know you well enough...

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
That is awesome that Bob and Bro are hitting 'em. When those boys fish, they fish hard.

Alot of those stripers had been staging just off of New Jersey. Good to see them heading south now. Just in time for the striper tourney at Capt. Steve's in Chincoteague. :D

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Just home, tired and working early so quick report.

Thursday fished 10 hours and nothing but 2 skate, and one bird. Sunny, but windy and cold.

Today 2 stripers, 37" skinny and a 39 1/2" about 25 pounds, oh and another bird. Morning was nice, chilly not alot of wind, and saw lots of birds diving about 300 - 400 yards out, but as front arrived so did dropping temps and winds, and snow. No complaints overall, had striper for dinner before heading home.

Will post pics of striper and snow either after work tomorrow or Sunday.

I had a gut feeling they was comming our way, might not be in force yet, but I seen em with my own eyes.

West winds be damned!

·
Registered
1 Posts
need help

im going to the ocmaryland for thanks giving and i want to surf fish. what would i catch(if theres anything to catch) and if so what bait should i use?

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
im going to the ocmaryland for thanks giving and i want to surf fish. what would i catch(if theres anything to catch) and if so what bait should i use?
Hey BM get fresh bunker and toss heads. Both of ours were caught on heads, and toward the end of the low tide. Not saying its a for sure thing, but it worked for us.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts