Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
DISTANCE CASTING SPONSOR
3,349 Posts
Ron Snell (Iceman) is the tournament director and Bob Sales is the club president. Not speaking for either but I'm sure you are more than welcome to come out and watch.

Heck, bring your rod and reel and jump on in..... :)

You'll find a great group of people that are more than willing to help in any way possible.

Come on over,

Tommy

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Come on over

haha! i hear ya!i only have 5500's here and my my two new rods are at the beach at my folks place or i may sling some lead.love to watch though!thanks
Most of the reels thrown are 5500's. Come on over if you get the chance. I've been to a few of these tourneys, and I think this one is adding up to be one of the best I've seen.

Bill:fishing:

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i will be there.WHAT TIME DOES THE SHOW BEGIN??

im still shocked that 5500's are used in distance casting but then again ive never tricked one out or used one on a surf rod.flounder spanish and catfish is all ive done with 5500s.i cant wait to strap one on an 11 footer and give it a go.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
My first tourney and third casting event, and all I can say is that everyone is so nice and helpful. Great group of guys. Come on out and be in awe of the numbers he masters can put up.
Thanks for the help and advice guys, hit a PB for the OTG today, I will try to exceed the 500ft mark tomorrow.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thats awesome! i will be there.glad i found this site!i bet ill pick up a thing or two.i like the racing and all but this casting event has me excited!good luck to everyone!

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
This was my first casting event at all. Everyone is very nice, I also hit my PB with a hatteras cast. I'll work on my ground cast some eventually.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.