Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know where i can buy some live crabs at a good price? for eating...

·
Registered
251 Posts
Military Highway

If you are coming from Norfolk, come down Military Highway until you cross the drawbridge, (Gilmerton I thinK). After you come across the bridge look over to your left, you will see a sign that says live crabs 35.00 a bushel.

I believe the place is called Johnsons

You can only get them at this price on Mon-Thurday,---but they sell them about 7.00 female--9.00 male any other time. They always throw in a few extras

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats the place my buddy got them a couple of weeks ago and they were good...FULL of meat... but i cant find the phone number to call them to check price and availabilty.......he said it was on south military hwy...i tried calling information but they couldnt find a number....

·
Registered
251 Posts
you wont find the number there

You have to get a card when you go in and it has the number on it. I have a card, but it's at work---sorry can't help you on this one

but they always have crabs this time of day. I believe the boat comes in at 2:00, and they hardly ever give you any lights, always full of meat

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i went to johnsons...got 3.5 doz for $28..not bad.....bout to give them a hot bath:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts