Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we lost 2 BIG drum at the boat today, but we did land a puppy. We watched athree or so real nice 40-45" fish come over the rails this morning.

No real finget mullet on top. But the spot and whiting were in the inlet, so we caught them and off with there heads.....looked like a Sat afternoon out there....those tides really brought in the sticks and debris to the waterway.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Great job!

I didn't see you out there, but we were all over. I did get a few big hits for a short time, but didn't get anything into the boat :(

Nothing wanted our live shrimp, which we had plenty of, but they loved the finger mullet, but I only had 6 when we went out.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I looked around for you too. We fished the inlet all morning, drifted the day markers in. They really wanted cut bait (from us atleast) big heads and chunks. It really began to chop up. But the bite was there, I hope it remains good for a bit longer......:)

Where did you fish your shrimp eddy?

·
Registered
219 Posts
We didn't go that far out. We only got close to where the north jetty starts. Wife and little one walked around Bird Island, while I anchored and fished a little, then we went further in, and fished some more. Next year we'll do a full day on the boat. We really had a good time.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Robert, been getting cold at night and water temps' almost right. I'm starting to feel the itch... Are the spot fishermen as thick up there as they are down here?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
they were there when we fished the inlet last time. hanging around #19 like moths to a flame too.

I know what you mean about the temps getting right. You read shallow minded’s report lately?? On fire.

We need to get Pete to take us on a ride. Don’t think I will be able to go until I get back from Hatty, unless someone cancels on me this week. I am booked up.

Thank god.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I'm glad you're booked.

Haven't read his posts lately...

Pete wants to go when the BSB start stacking up inshore. He's got a new boat that gets better gas $$ now too.

Have fun in Hatty.

Dan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts