Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
made it down last week for the NCBBA tourny.
Sunday and monday were slow with a mixed bag consisting of mostly blues and some mullet mixed in. Winds were pretty stiff out of the north which had our hopes up for some drum. But no luck. the girls decided those two days were better suited for having dance parties on the beach with Richard Dryfish.

Fun Recreation Sea Vacation
Vacation Fun Travel Sunglasses Tourism

Tuesday calmed up and you coulnt beat the blues away, lots and lots of blues few mullet, toadies, ling cod and a few butterfly rays.
Weds we met up with Bronzbck1 and got set up with some CPS 12-8" 4-8 and akios 656. Stand up guy and one heck of a setup, absolutely love it. The only downside is now my fiance has learned conventional and now she wants mine.
thurday during the day the same old blue after blue but we found a nice unguarded hole on 34 and decided to set up on it for the tourny. Fished it hard from 6pm-530. That night i landed my first fish on the CPS 45.5" drum, and some sharks.
Fish Fishing Fish Recreation Recreational fishing
Fishing rod Recreational fishing Sky Fly fishing Casting (fishing)

Repeated the same on friday but the hole failed to produce much.
Saturday we decided to pack up the vehicles with most the gear for an easy ship out on sunday morning. so as tradition we kept the trucks home and walked out saturday night to empty the coolers in more ways than one. we didnt expect much that night but were blessed with another drum 42"
Fish Fish Bass Fishing Bony-fish

great trip as usual and met some more great people, counting down the days until April.

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Nice job Coop!

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Nice job you guys fished hard. They wouldn't let me in the tournament. Director said it was full then he posted there where only 292 people counting judges. They better not ask for sponcer gifts or money from us anymore.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts