Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at goole earth, this jettie looks like it should hold a bunch of fish. There appears to be a walkway over the dunes to the beach. Is this a public right of way? Is there any parking around there? anyone fished there before?
We're coming from Richmond tomorrow and was just askin' so we didn't waste too much time driving to where we cant fish. Thanks.

·
Registered
137 Posts
When ya say North side... is that the left or right (E or W) side?

I've drooled over this spot before, but have never gone to check it out. It looks alittle tough to maneuver the rocks for that long of a distance.

·
Registered
121 Posts
LC Jetty

The jetty close to the CBBT (East) is on the base, so no access...I used to fish the other one a few years back and had some luck in the summer (never tried it in the fall)...they seem to have built some nice houses along there now...may be a problem...

·
Registered
189 Posts
A friend of mine lives in one of those 4 story houses that were built there. We fished it last year and only pulled a few Stripers off the rocks. You have to cast out a couple hundred feet to hit the channel where the rocks hit the beach and its a sloping bottom out to the channel. Have not been there in a while but there were no - No Parking signs and the walkway was between properties so it was access for the neighborhood . Have not been there all year so not positive on the parking . I will try to find out if I head out to lesner tonight its not that far away so I might take a run over and check on the parking situation and take a few casts from the rocks. You are allowed out on the jetty there but it is not an easy walk.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Looks like I have been corrected about fishing on the jetty. I have not seen any signs at this jetty but there is a law in Norfolk stating that you can not fish ON any jettys that exyend out from any beach in the city of Norfolk. Sorry about the wrong info but there are no signs stating that at this jetty so I figured you could.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts