Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got to the jettie about 1 ish, tide coming in, low winds. This jettie is a tough and scary rock hopping adventure, Charlotte got scared after 100' or so. I got to the end, beautiful looking water, good current. No fish for me, 1 20' or so for another Richmonder who was there for the first time. Strange how that worked out. Fished till 4:30 ish, nothing for me or Charlotte. threw arti's, no bait. Dodged errant golf carts and saw one nearly roll:)
Went to WSJ and fished the tide down. Nothing. Saw a man pull in two shorts on shrimp of all things, so we stuffed all the fishbites we had on and still nothing. Threw plugs, rubbers, mirrolures. I don't think this going fishing without any bait is where it's at, man. We will persevere.
Was going to stop and say hey to Cdog on the way back, but didn't. Probably shoulda' had.

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
Sorry I missed you guys. I wound up with the family, running errands. By the time I got home...I was spent.

Ya can't diss catchin' with a lure....that's my favorite type of fishing!......I'll catch up with you and Charlotte soon....

The LCJ is some good structure....the beach to left is one of my honey holes to catch bait...and to toss a grub for some nice pups and monster horse heads.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I was out at the wsj last night from around 5-7pm. Didnt catch anything at all. I wonder if that was you and your wife out there at the end by the bridge? I asked a lady if she caught anything and she told me the same thing about a guy catching two stripes. I was soaking clam and mullet. The fishing at the lcj seems to have died off after all the bait swam away. Im not sure what rocks you were on at the lcj but i have been yelled at by the beach patrol for being on them. They made me and everyone else climb off em.:fishing:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts