Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could not help but notice all the beer cans on the beach at Colonial Parkway. It would really suck if signs showed up saying fishing is off limits here. This is how good things come to an end. I also love to drink beer but do believe in not littering. Next time I go out there I will bring some trash bags for a quick clean up. Would any of you be interested in a 15 minute walk around to get rid of the beer cans & bottles?

Thank God I Fish

:)

R

·
0 Posts
right you TGIF ive spent right much time cleaning up after indiviuals like this '' cleaned up three trash bags of trash at this one spot i go to down aroud tappahannock and dropped bye there the other day need less to say just stuff laying every where and they had shut it off to the public now whoese to say where it all came from but now its shut down :mad:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Slobs have been ruining good fishing spots forever....I'm a believer in if you pack it in, you pack it out. And if everyone would pack out a few cans, bottles, or other litter that they didn't bring, we could keep these places open to the public. Of course the slobs will always be ahead of us, but it makes a difference.

·
Registered
515 Posts
The good folks on this board are not the litterbugs. We are the cleaners.

But I can't see the litering stopping and unfortunately, we will probably lose more shoreline spots.

We can all do our best and lead by example if we hope to reach the uneducated and negligent.

And that means doing what we can do ... like setting aside time to pick up and carry off the garbage right in front on the trash that leaves it sitting on the beach.

Throw More Back

Jake Ace

·
Registered
47 Posts
I for one like CDog's idea. I would be willing to take the time to help when I can. Although I do live 3 hours from there it would be well worth the trip to conserve the land, sea and Fishing. Just let me know when and where and I will do my absoloute best to be there.

Fishing is a privelage....Help conserve! :D

·
Registered
885 Posts
Hay CDog,
I'd be glad to help on the south side. Put it on a "NEW TOPIC" and see what kind of response you get.
Bill :D

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cdog, I think that is a great idea. Perhaps we could work at putting together a list of areas we would be interested in taking care of. I see adopt a highway signs all over the place. Who would make us a sign to adopt a fishing spot?

What do all the other message board members think about this?

TGIF

·
Registered
104 Posts
I live about 4 miles from TCC in Suffolk. That place could use a lot of work. Not only litter but some pier repairs. There is some building going on in my area, and maybe I can get some construction companies to let me go through their scrap wood to help plug some holes in the pier. My fear is that despite it being "Use at your own risk", once someone gets seriously hurt, which I feel is a matter of time, the pier will be shutdown. I would be glad to lead a contingent on cleaning the area, and trying to minimize the saftey hazards. Anyone interested in helping let me know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts