Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished north side of pier, 6:00 to 11:30 AM, used heavers and bait rods, cut menhaden, finger mullet, and blue fish on heavers.
On bait rod used shrimp,bloodwoorm, and squid.
Six or so small blues on bait rods, Small blues eatting around the hook on heavers. I personally struck out, but my two partners at least didn't get skunked.
We were informed early after sun rise the park was closed so we moved north of the Park's beach. Can't park, at the park and was told it might be another week before it opens. The pier is closed at least through the winter, and they lost the portion that extended beyond old pump section.
Did see gulls working a school of fish moving south, about two hundred and fifty yards from shore.

That's it for now,ltr,
TW

·
Registered
389 Posts
I haven't heard anything. I'll see if my friend knows anything, his wifes folks live down there he might know something tomorrow.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Refuge is open.....I was there yesterday. Saw some folks surf fishing and while I watched (10 mins), one guy caught a nice keeper puppy drum (cut bait). They said they had recently caught a pompano, small sharks and a striper (sm). I saw blood worm, shrimp and mullet being used. It was late in the day with an incoming tide.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts