Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy a new big game outfit for next season and have found everything but the line.

Rod: Penn Senator standup rod, all roller guides, rated for 40-60#

Reel: Penn Senator :D , 4/0 with 500yds/30lb

I have no limits on line price (this whole setup is being bought for me, not by me) and I want to get a strong line that will last.

The rig will be used for kingfishing and small-medium sharks from piers, wreck fishing, trolling for kings, spanish, dolphins & sharks.

All suggestions are welcome. If you have a suggestion for a better rod/reel combo, feel free to say so because nothing has been bought yet.

Thanks
Evan

·
Registered
107 Posts
Ive got a senator 6/0 475 yds of 50 lbs when I bought it I got the people at the store to spool it with some hi vis bright green suffix and its great. I also like trilene big game.:D

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry Orest

no such luck, though if you find a Santa that will deliver combos like this tell me k? :D

Actually, I'm using a $1500 shopping spree that I got back in October. It's what I used to buy my 15' Silstar caster and part of it is going to my reel after I demo the options this weekend and make my choice. The rest is going into this combo and if I have enough left over I'm going to send my friend in Avalon who refurbishes old tackle a Sears Roebuck Triple Crown lever drag reel that has the signature of whatever athlete SR signed a contract with. I've been told that if cleaned up this reel is worth a few hundred dollars. I'll either sell it or more likely hang it on a wall. Might even use it, it's still a good reel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts