Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this in Open Forum, and pretty much got what I needed. I have stainless steel guides and need to get a new top/tip guide. I tried braid this weekend and the line worked well except it put a groove in the guide (tip) and now the groove cuts the line when I cast. So what guides do you all recommend? I'll probably won't be buying a set just replacing the tip. I'm getting a new rod soon so this will be come a catfish rod. Anything to look for in the new rod, especially the guides so this doesn't happen again. I'd hate to get a new rod and use braid only to have to replace the tip after a couple of days.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
680 Posts
get a fuji hardaloy tip. also when looking at a new rod do the same. there are a lot of guides that look like them. the hardaloy guides have a grey ring. :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the info. is there anywhere local (Northern VA) to get the hardaloy guides? i'm gonna try and get one today. I got permission to get a new rod, (early wedding gift) so that search is beginning.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Breakaway Impact Shields and Grip Sinkers

Hi "terpfan",

If you are coming to casting practice Saturday, I will bring the Breakaway Impact Shields and Breakaway Grip Sinkers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts