Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the Lighthouse resturant being closed down how do y'all think it will effect one of our favorite fishing spots? I know a lot of people who fish those rails on that property

·
Registered
30 Posts
According to one of the employees, the owner sold the property that the restaurant sits on and the lot in the 1st St. loop to the city of VB. The property will probably be developed and the seawall will be expanded into the inlet and back to the bridge. I've caught plenty of fluke off those rocks in the summer, I hope it will still be fishable. Just what we need, another hotel.:barf:

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
I know one person that made a major contribution to their bottom line. heck of a waterin hole years back...the R

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It seem to me like another favorite fishing hole is going to bite the dust--And with the removal of a couple of major fishing piers our fishing spots are numbered.

10-9-8-7.......

·
Registered
634 Posts
it would be terrible to see those railings gone ...i had a blast there this summer catching undersized flounder...no keepers but when you can pull them in just about every cast its still fun.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Big hotel or timeshare stuff to be built and the Lighthouse supposed to reopen on the ground floor. Goodbye parking,loop,fishing. :mad: It just might happen to Duck Inn also. I think I'm gonna move....

·
Registered
189 Posts
Rudee's been a good spot this year for a good variety if not for the biggest fish. usually hit it before going to the CBBT to grab some small blues for cut bait . Not a bad spot for Drum on the beachfront by the rocks either. After lossing the end of the peir I'd hate to lose Rudee Inlet also.

·
Registered
161 Posts
About 6 years ago I caught an 11 lb gray sea trout from the seawall right next to the restaurant. It had hit on a white twister tail on a 1/2 oz red jig head.

That same day some girl was fishing with a chunk of hot dog that she pulled out of a corndog she was eating. We were all laughing at her until she pulled in a 5 lb spotted sea trout.....

I would hate to see the sea wall closed to fishing......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts